Re: Disaster Recovery for datawarehouse

  • From: hrishy <hrishys@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Chris Spierings <cspierings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 11:59:15 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Chris

Thanks for responding i saw the interviewer was
coaxing me into hints saying things like dataguard but
i had to disagree .

The reason being in datawarehouses most of the times
operations would be nologging and dataguard would not
help much .

I mentioned that they look for storage based
replication and ability to rerun thier ETL on the
remote site if the primary site fails and i also said
this would be an expensive solution but the
interviewer kept on poking me about my DataGuard
knowledge thats why i am curious and would like to
know what the group thinks.

regards
Hrishy

For email that puts you in control, choose Yahoo! Mail.
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/mail/addressguard2.html