Re: Disallow access to column of a table

  • From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l-freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oracle-db-l <oracle-db-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 13:14:12 -0700 (PDT)

Version of the database? VPD in 10g offers column level application of the
security policy. So you can have a specific policy apply to specific columns
that you want to restrict. This is in my Oracle Database 10g New Features book.
Tim Hall also addresses this at this URL:

http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/10g/DatabaseSecurityEnhancements10g.php#column_level_vdp_policy

RF

 Robert G. Freeman
Oracle ACE
I do training on-site at your company! Ask me about my special rates!
Author:
Oracle Database 11g RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) - ON IT'S WAY SOON!
OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide
(Sybex)
Portable DBA: Oracle  (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i New Features (Oracle Press)
Other various titles out of print now...
The LDS Church is looking for DBA's. You do have to be a Church member in
good standing. A lot of kind people write me, concerned I may be breaking
the law by saying you have to be a Church member. It's legal I promise! :-)
http://pages.sssnet.com/messndal/church/parachurch.pdf