Re: Differentiate between VIP,Public IP and Private IP

  • From: Bradd Piontek <piontekdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hrishys@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 09:42:05 -0500

They definitely are not interchangeable. The VIP is going to flip between
nodes and is managed by the clusterware. Did the SYSADMIN set up /etc/hosts
for you? I'd check there first as that's where you should put all
IP
VIP
PRIvate entriees on every node

nslookup should help you resolve which is the IP and which is the VIP. You
could always ask the system administrator.

Bradd Piontek
  "Next to doing a good job yourself,
        the greatest joy is in having someone
        else do a first-class job under your