Re: Different date formats between thin and thick clients

I found this.

I've found it easiest to not try to interact with Oracle date columns using strings. Instead, I use java.util.Date objects both for read and write. Then I have helper services to format to strings when needed when mapping to/from target/source systems. Perhaps such an approach would be appropriate for your environment?
/-Rob/
/http://reamon.squarespace.com/

Yechiel

On 24/02/2011 09:46, Dunbar, Norman (Capgemini) wrote:
Morning all,

sorry, I'm late to the party again! ;-(

                 | using oci 9.2          | using thin
NLS_DATE_FORMAT | Mon DD YYYY HH24:MI:SS | DD-MON-RR