RE: Different Plans for Literal Vs Bind Variables

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Alberto Dell'Era <alberto.dellera@xxxxxxxxx>, Ian MacGregor <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oraseeker@xxxxxxxxx" <oraseeker@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 12:55:58 -0700

Nice test case Alberto.  The whole thing seems familiar to me too - I have a
feeling if/when we get to bottom of this it will be a "Doh!" moment.  I wonder
if Jonathan Lewis visits this list anymore - I bet he'd know the answer but I
don't recall seeing his name pop up here for a while.

Ian, it would be interesting to see your results from running Alberto's test
case against your database.

Regards,
Brandon