RE: Determine Record Creation Date Without Audit Turned On

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Chris.Langston@xxxxxx>, "'oracle-l'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 15:02:07 -0400

Dan, Patrick, and Tao have made useful suggestions. If none of those work
out for you and you are within range of the time in question, you could do a
set of flashback queries into a table containing just the table in
questions's PK (not as the PK) and current query's as of time. Then if a
given PK (original table) first appears in the time window to be deleted
you're set.

You might start with a broad grain of time, then use a very fine grain for
just the candidates. The actual data would determine how fine a grain you
would need to absolutely identify a row as being created within some window
of time.

Good luck!

mwf