RE: Design question re: DW data load

  • From: "Leslie Tierstein" <leslie.tierstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tboss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:56:13 -0800

Thanks for your input.=20

Our network just went down, otherwise I would get you the info on how
long it takes to disable/enable the FKs. It's actually not too bad. I'll
get these performance measurements tomorrow and forward them to you.

As for collecting statistics, the load jobs track which partition(s) are
updated in each load, and only gather statistics for those partitions.
This seems to be working okay, with good performance. We re-analyze the
summary tables, but those have an order of magnitude fewer rows than the
base fact tables.

I have previously thought about investigating the use of transportable
TTs and partition switches to address the load. I'll pursue this.=20

Leslie