Dependency tree of packages/procedures and functions

  • From: "Leonard, George" <GLeonard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:34:52 +0200

Hi all

Hope you can help.

As with all big projects our developers forgot to listen to us when we
asked them to keep a dependency tree what calls what.

Now we are busy going into pre-prod etc and get asked to move Package A,
doing this nicely goes and breaks half the world down the line,

I would like to run something against the database (packages, procedures
and functions) to generate a dependency list.

Any ideas what is out there that can do this (freeware prepared), any
output acceptable.

George
=20________________________________________________
George Leonard
Oracle Database Administrator
New Dawn Technologies @ Wesbank
E-mail:gleonard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
=20
You Have The Obligation to Inform One Honestly of the risk, And As a
Person
You Are Committed to Educate Yourself to the Total Risk In Any Activity!
Once Informed & Totally Aware of the Risk,
Every Fool Has the Right to Kill or Injure Themselves as They See Fit!
=20

__________________________

The views expressed in this email are, unless otherwise stated, those of =
the author and not those
of the FirstRand Banking Group an Authorised Financial Service Provider o=
r its management.
The information in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for=
=20the addressee.
Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribut=
ion or any action taken or=20
omitted in reliance on this, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Whilst all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the accuracy and integrit=
y of information and data=20
transmitted electronically and to preserve the confidentiality thereof, n=
o liability or=20
responsibility whatsoever is accepted if information or data is, for what=
ever reason, corrupted=20
or does not reach its intended destination.