Re: Dell-Oracle-Linux: Anyone else run this...because its not working for us!

  • From: Janine Sisk <janine@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mark.brinsmead@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 00:31:54 -0800

On Dec 11, 2005, at 11:48 PM, Mark Brinsmead wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what kind of symptoms are folks seeing? I presume you're seeing SCSI errors. "Hard" (permanent) or "soft" (temporary)? System hangs? Kernel panics?

In our case the system was spontaneously restarting, while under moderately heavy load like running Seti@Home or loading a multi-GB Oracle export. As far as I can recall it never restarted while just sitting there idle.

I will see if my sys admin can dig up any links to the discussions he found about this at the time, which led him to believe that if we could make the system into a single-CPU box it would probably work ok.

janine