Re: Delete Datafile and Recover DB Without Using Backup?

What a great question.

Here's an untested idea:

1) Find a running session (SQL*Plus?) that has the deleted datafile open =
(Unix lsof <file>), or if you are running Shared Server (MTS) just log in=
 and hope to get a server process that has the file open.

2) In that session, run:
declare
    a varchar2;
    b number;
    c number;
begin
    sys.dbms_backup_restore.copydatafile (
        DFNUMBER=3D>file#,
        FNAME=3D>'datafile copy name',
        FULL_NAME=3D>a,
        RECID=3D>b,
        STAMP=3D>c
    );
end;

Can anyone think of a way to force this PL/SQL to be run in any open sess=
ion without *being* that session?

People please correct me if necc. on my PL/SQL and use of dbms_backup_res=
tore.

--
Jeremiah Wilton
ORA-600 Consulting