RE: Delayed block cleanout and changing automatic undo tablespace

  • From: Tim Onions <tim.onions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:32:28 +0100

Daniel,

No offense taken at all, only too glad for such constructive help. As per my
previous reply to Jonathan, the DB was failed over in failsafe so it may not
have been clean, having looked at the alert log I see no shutdown command
recorded at all so failsafe may just have ripped the service away (I'd not
be happy if it had).

You tests are similar to my real life situation but differ in that the
datafiles were not moved/removed but the old tablespace offlined. The error
we got was "datafile is not available at this time" or words to that effect.

I'm thinking it may well be the issue with not having a clean shutdown that
I'm seeing not  a delayed block cleanout as I concluded before.

Thanks

T¬