RE: Debug DDL trigger

  • From: "Herring Dave - dherri" <Dave.Herring@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wolfgang Breitling" <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 08:48:43 -0500

Good point, Wolfgang.  I added the COMMIT and PRAGMA statements later
on, as a method to make sure I wasn't going completely crazy.  When I
expect something to work and it doesn't, I scale back my expectations
(probably too far) and start testing all things, including those that I
"know" work.  So, when I wasn't finding data within my audit table, I
added COMMITs to validate that that wasn't the problem.

Another test I did was remove the WHEN clause and not add further WHERE
or IF-TEST clauses.  Basically, any time a DROP of anything is done when
the schema is "dherri", the trigger should fire.  That didn't happen
either.

Dave
-------------------------------------
Dave Herring, DBA