Re: Debug DDL trigger

  • From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mladen Gogala <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 08:42:40 -0600

Mladen,
thanks for the flowers, but you're dead wrong - I am frequently wrong. But I am trying to keep the W2R ratio below 1.

Mladen Gogala wrote:

Wolfgang Breitling wrote:

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure you are not allowed to issue commits - or rollbacks - in a trigger. That rules out not only the commits of your inserts, but especially your "execute immediate 'create table ...'" as all DDL imply a commit.

Wolfgang, you're never wrong. If it appears that you are wrong, it must be the work of Satan. In this case, however,
I can strenghten tour belief with an excerpt from 9i Application developers guide:

-- Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation
www.centrexcc.com