Re: Deadlock ITL Waits

  • From: kyle Hailey <kylelf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: stalinsk@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 22:20:29 -0700

Yeah, the massive log waits could exacerbate the ITL waits as things will be
slow commiting their changes.
The db file sequential reads are huge as well. Looks like you have a problem
on your storage.

Check the log write times  ( I blogged some of this at
http://dboptimizer.com/2011/07/20/wait-event-and-wait-class-metrics-vs-vsystem_event/)

Latencies in the past minute

col name for a25
select m.intsize_csec,
       n.name ,
       m.time_waited,
       m.wait_count,
       10*m.time_waited/nullif(m.wait_count,0) avgms
from v$eventmetric m,
     v$event_name n
where m.event_id=n.event_id
  and n.name in (
                  'log file sync',
                  'log file parallel write'
);

Latencies averaged over each hour

select
       btime,
       (time_ms_end-time_ms_beg)/nullif(count_end-count_beg,0) avg_ms
from (
select
       to_char(s.BEGIN_INTERVAL_TIME,'DD-MON-YY HH24:MI')  btime,
       total_waits count_end,
       time_waited_micro/1000 time_ms_end,
       Lag (e.time_waited_micro/1000)
              OVER( PARTITION BY e.event_name ORDER BY s.snap_id) time_ms_beg,
       Lag (e.total_waits)
              OVER( PARTITION BY e.event_name ORDER BY s.snap_id) count_beg
from
       DBA_HIST_SYSTEM_EVENT e,
       DBA_HIST_SNAPSHOT s
where
         s.snap_id=e.snap_id
   and e.event_name in (
                  'log file sync',
                  'log file parallel write'
)
order by begin_interval_time
)
order by btime
/

If the log file parallel writes are bad then probably something wrong on the
storage system.

- Kyle Hailey
http://dboptimizer.com