Re: Db Query Tuning

Wolfgang

  I am not good in reading the trace and so using ORasrp as well as your site
to understand the steps. Your site has great paper on the CBO behaviour

  Tx

Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  At 12:39 AM 2/20/2007, Syed Jaffar Hussain wrote:
  Sanjay,

I do agree with Wolfgang Breitling.

However, if you are on 10g, I would suggest to enable event 10132 in place of
10053.

http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/2006/11/27/event-10132/
However, that will only give you the comparison of the optimizer parameters,
not the comparison of whether and where the base table cardinality estimates
differ as well as other differences in the way the CBO assembles the access
plans.

  Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation