Re: Dataguard setup at DR site

  • From: Mark Strickland <strickland.mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 17:49:28 -0700

If you don't force logging in the primary and you have non-logged
transactions in the primary, those transactions will not get to the standby
(because they're not in the logs, of course) and you'll have physical (or is
it logical?) corruption in the standby.  However, you won't know it until
you open the standby and try to query tables where transactions are
missing.  That's why forced logging is a prerequisite for setting up a
physical standby.

Learned this one the hard way.

-Mark