Re: Dataguard setup at DR site

  • From: Howard Latham <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ksmadduri@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 22:48:20 +0100

DG evolved from 'log shipping' and need not exist now. It does provide extra
features and it does TRY and manage
everything for you but you can have a 'data guard' setup without dataguard.
I was tld itit sorts out network failures etc for you and
probaly the tools it gives you are worth it. I imagine that auditors might
prefer a proper DG setup ?

Coments anyone?

--
Howard A. Latham