RE: Dataguard on 10.1.04.0 on Linux

drc* log in bdump directory should list errors ...

________________________________

From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Zabair Ahmed
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 11:25 AM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Dataguard on 10.1.04.0 on Linux

Has anyone configured a logical standby database using dataguard ie
dgmgrl.

I've done the following but i get an error, see bottom, has anyone done
this, this is my first attempt at creating a logical standby, do I need
to follow the steps in the Oracle DataGuard manual chapter 4 (Creating a
logical standby) or does dgmgrl take care of everything!

Am trying to add repn as the logical standby.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DGMGRL> add database 'repn' as connect identifier is repn maintained as
logical;
Database "repn" added.
DGMGRL> show configuration;

Configuration
Name: atex_nationals
Enabled: YES
Protection Mode: MaxPerformance
Databases:
caprn - Primary database
raprn - Physical standby database
repn - Logical standby database (disabled)

Current status for "atex_nationals":
SUCCESS

DGMGRL> enable database repn;

Enabled.
DGMGRL> DGMGRL> show configuation;
show configuation;
^
Syntax error before or at "configuation"
DGMGRL> show configuration;

Configuration
Name: atex_nationals
Enabled: YES
Protection Mode: MaxPerformance
Databases:
caprn - Primary database
raprn - Physical standby database
repn - Logical standby database

Current status for "atex_nationals":
Warning: ORA-16607: one or more databases have failed

DGMGRL>

Yahoo! Photos
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/uk/taglines/default/photos/*http://uk.photo
s.yahoo.com/>  - NEW, now offering a quality print service
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/uk/taglines/default/photos/*http://uk.photo
s.yahoo.com/>  from just 8p a photo.