Re: Dataguard - SRL unassigned on Standby

  • From: "Sanjay Madan" <madan.sanjay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Peter McLarty" <Peter_McLarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 11:12:20 +0530

Thanks for reply Peter. But I dont quite follow.

I have 5 , 10MB redo logs on the primary.
I have 5,   10MB redo logs on the physical-standby as part of the offline
transfer.
I have 5,  10MB STANDBY redo logs on the physical-standby

and ALL of them (SRLs) still have the status as UNASSIGNED.....

Does Carel's post mean I actually need 6 SRLs on the standby ??? I wasnt
able locate Carels' post when I had initially searched the freelist archive.
Will do so again. In case u have the URL, can u post it pls..

Thanks

Sanjay

On 11/24/06, Peter McLarty <Peter_McLarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Hi

I have found your answer ffrom a past post of Carel

" Oracle documents that one needs at least the # of redo log groups on the

 primary + 1 on the standby, when standby redologs are used. I never saw

 a logswitch happen to another standby redologfile than the one

 previously used, so your observation is quite normal"

It would seem that you have little to be concerned about

Cheers

*Peter McLarty*
Technical Consultant
Service Delivery