From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Mir M. Mirhashimali
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 11:46 AM
To: howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Dataguard Monitoring

we use ZABBIX to monitor our database with custom scripts. when the lag
is 15 mins or more i get a SMS and email.

data-guard.sh
-------------------
#!/bin/sh
. /home/oracle/.profile_db01
cd /home/oracle/zabbix
sqlplus -s /nolog @check_log.sql

check_log.sql
------------------
connect / as sysdba

set pagesize 0;
set heading off;
set feedback off
set trimspool on;

select to_char(max(next_time), 'rrrr-mm-dd-hh24:mi:ss') next_time
   from v$archived_log
  where upper(applied) = 'YES'
    and registrar = 'RFS';

exit;