Re: Dataguard Exadata -> Database Appliance

  • From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ivanrs79@xxxxxxxxx" <ivanrs79@xxxxxxxxx>, "Chris.Stephens@xxxxxxx" <Chris.Stephens@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 11:13:43 -0700 (PDT)

Martin,
Absolutely agree on all points. moving to a non Exadata platform from an
Exadata platform while possible you lose a lot of the exadata specific
optimizations.
If the goal is to just build cheaper dev platforms that might be ok but for
true DR it would complicate things and performance.

From: Martin Bach <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ivanrs79@xxxxxxxxx; Ivan Ricardo Schuster <ivanrs79@xxxxxxxxx>;
Chris.Stephens@xxxxxxx