RE: Database for WebSphere5

  • From: "Hubler, Daniel" <daniel.hubler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:58:19 -0600

I have lived through this same experience.
If you do not have DB2 expertise in house, it can be a real pain.

We went to our Oracle sales rep and talked him into
Allowing us to run Oracle as the database for Websphere, at little or no
cost.

I think they used the argument that:
A)  I can get the DB2 for free
B)  if they don't allow it, I will be installing another vendor database in
our shop

Good luck.