Database Storage

  • From: "Mir M. Mirhashimali" <mhyder@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 17:05:43 -0600

Dear Oracle-L,

I have been tasked to find what storage solutions is best for our databases. Our current storage solution had been performing very badly not in terms of through put but in terms off availability. We have both Oracle and SQL Server(2000 and 2005). I am interested in knowing what other people are using and what strategy they are following to make it high-availability. RAC is not an option for us. right now we have redundant servers and NFS mounts to our storage system. and similar setup for SQL Server. with a active-passive cluster connected to storage.

thanks

--
Mir M. Mirhashimali
Oracle Systems Manager