Re: Database Outages - Best Practices

  • From: Paul Drake <bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: RROGERS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:29:15 -0500

Ron,

This type of partition_view_elimination most certainly does work as
intended, on 8.1.7, 9.2.0, 10.1.0 on win32, lin32.
On standard edition.
Without underscore parameters or events being set.
One must set some initialization parameters and mumble a few magic
words ... put up some check constraints ... but the CBO will prune
partitions on properly constructed queries against a properly
constructed view and its base tables.

Paul

#/etc/init.d/init.cssd stop
# f=ma, divide by 1, convert to moles.