Re: Database Migration and Upgrade across Servers ( from Solaris to HP)

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jeremiah@xxxxxxxxxxx, adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 19:12:50 +0100

firstly I ought to say that I agree entirely with Jeremiah. In fact
I'd go further and suggest that dbua be your first port of call ahead
of any manual method. dbua will be aware of things you aren't and does
do sensible checks and reminders that dbas can miss.  Right, that said
one for export/import, - should you be upgrading from 9 to 10 or
higher and have millions of private synonyms an in place upgrade will
fail either way. exp followed by selective imp and a rejig of the
synonyms strategy works well.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA