DataPump Import

  • From: Graham Ross <grahamaross@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 03:24:37 -0700 (PDT)

All,

I just need a sanity check . . . .

Is there any reason why I can't import data into a table using datapump while
the database is in use ?   The import is historical data moved from another
system which will be accessed infrequently.   The table itself receives
inserts, but no updates or deletes (except for a daily purge job).

Ideally I'd prefer to do it with all the users out of the sytem, but this isn't
possible at the moment.   The only thing I could think of would be a possible
performance hit, but we aren't unduly stressing the system at the moment.

thanks in advance,

graham

now.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/