Re: DataGuard Standby Database usage

  • From: Asif Momen <asif_oracle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx, dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 14:06:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Dan,

&gt;&gt;

It won't help you on 10g, but this is exactly what the new snapshot
standby features in
&gt;&gt;11g are for.

Even in Oracle 10g, you can simulate 11g snapshot standby feature on a physical
standby database. This is achieved by:

1) Removing Physical Standby database from recovery mode
2) mount data
3) create a restore point
4) open physical standby database in READ-WRITE mode
5) once testing is complete, close database
6) flashback database to restore point
7) open your standby database and place your physical standby database back in
recovery mode

I did this couple of times on our 10g databases, if you need step-by-step
instructions&nbsp; then just drop a mail.

Regards

Asif Momen

http://momendba.blogspot.com