Re: Data consolidation design training

Dennis,

Thanks for the reply. Let me briefly tell you about the system. We
have OLTP systems for document processing. A document has to live for
3 years. We can not store 3 years worth of data in the OLTP systems
for performance reason, so we plan to move the data to a single
consolidated database and delete the data from OLTP say after 3
months. A document has a set of metadata and one - to many attributes
call it properties. The document once archived in the warehouse can
again be modified, voided, replaced etc though less in frequency. This
warehouse needs to be on line 24x7 as it is supporting 27x7 OLTP
systems.

I haven't figured out if it will be a truly dimensional model or relational.

Thanks

Sandeep