Data Pump bug

  • From: "Richard J. Goulet" <rgoulet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:17:50 -0500

All,

    Some time ago I opened an iTAR  with Oracle due to a datapump job
that did not complete, but that I could not reconnect to or restart.
Here's the short version of what happen:

    I created a procedure that used the DBMS_DATAPUMP package to do a
nightly export of my development database.  One night the job errored
out due to the disk drive getting full, something we never see now do
we?  The next morning the status of the job was in my mail., so I went
to terminate the job till I could find the culprit using up all of my
disk space.  To my astonishment I could not attach to the job, nor could
I submit it again.  I checked DBA_DATAPUMP_JOBS where I found my orphan,
but still I could not attach to the monster getting a "job does not
exist" message.  Course the "job already exists" message when I tried to
resubmit it was a bit puzzling too.  In the end OTS stated that all I
need to do was drop the master table.  I did that and all of the
problems disappeared.  OTS is going to put a note up on the matter, but
development does not consider this a bug.  Kinda funny don't you think?

Dick Goulet, Senior Oracle DBA

45 Bartlett St  Marlborough, Ma 01752, USA
Tel.: 508.573.1978 |Fax:  508.229.2019 | Cell:508.742.5795

RGoulet@xxxxxxxxxx
: POWERING TRANSFORMATION

GIF image