Re: Data Mirroring on two data centers -- How to use ASM ?

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 09:22:18 +0200

It all come back to my original question:
Why exactly he wants the second copy?
I went back over the thread and did not see his reply to the question.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

Tanel PÃder wrote:

Sure,

One benefit of using storage level replication is that it doesn't require much DBA work to do it.

But if your primary database crashes because of a block corruption in a data dictionary table, then your DR site will have exactly the same problem in it, doesn't matter how far away it is. With applying archive/redologs to DR database you will less likely have this issue (e.g. corruptions of primary database blocks due software failures or disk controller glitches won't be tranferred over to DR).