Data Guard question

  • From: "Goulet, Dick" <richard.goulet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 17:24:18 -0500

All,

            I'm seeing this strange intermittent happening with Data
Guard that I can't explain & it seems that OTS can't either.  About once
a month, or less, I end up with a gap at the standby location, but the
log file is there.  I'll then try registering it and catch an
"ORA-00317: file type 0 in header is not log file" error.  I'll then
remove the file & let the fetch archive log process do its thing only to
see the gap still there 30 minutes later, same file & once again it's on
the standby.  Again I'll try to register it & get the same error again.
But if I binary ftp the file to the log_archive_dest_1 location but with
a slightly modified file name, .dbf0 instead of .dbf, & register it with
the modified file name it works as advertised.  Can't understand the
initial error.  Anyone else ever see this behavior???

Dick Goulet / Capgemini
North America P&C / East Business Unit
Senior Oracle DBA / Hosting
Office: 508.573.1978 / Mobile: 508.742.5795 / www.capgemini.com
Fax: 508.229.2019 /  Email: richard.goulet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
45 Bartlett St. / Marlborough, MA 01752

Together: the Collaborative Business Experience

the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom
it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,  you are not authorized
to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate,  distribute, or use this message or
any part thereof. If you receive this  message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete all  copies of this message.