Re: Data Guard licensing

  • From: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 21:50:10 +0200

Thanks Niall,
much appreciated!

Regards,
Dimitre Radoulov

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Niall Litchfield
  To: cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx
  Cc: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, July 18, 2005 9:08 PM
  Subject: Re: Data Guard licensing

  You can't use DataGuard in SE, you can do manual standby - the standby has to
be licensed according to the terms you agree with Oracle Corp - i.e it isn't
subject to the 10 days per year licence terms that are current for DG.

  I have a howto do the standby thing on my site if needed. I don't have a
howto for the licensing thing :(

  On 7/18/05, Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Hi,
    we have 9i (9.2.0.6) Standard Edition and as the alert.log states [:o)]
Oracle Data Guard is not available in this edition.
    We plan to mount a second instance in standby and setup a custom procedure
to apply the redo logs.
    As we have to use the standby syntax "alter database create standby
controlfile as ... " and "alter database mount standby database" to mount the
secondary instance, I was wondering if this is correct regarding the Data Guard
licensing? Is it "permitted/authorized to use a SE in this way?

    Cheers,
    Dimitre Radoulov

  --
  Niall Litchfield