RE: Data Guard and E-Business Suite

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx" <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>, "ric.van.dyke@xxxxxxxxxx" <ric.van.dyke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 15:00:56 -0400

Hi Martin,

Not exactly.  If you're not running DataGuard, the situation is slightly
different.  If you've got nologging activity on your database, you need to
ensure you've taken a backup *after* the latest bit of nologging activity, to
ensure you have a clear path to recoverability.

If you are restoring/recovering a database from a backup taken prior to
nologging activity, then any segments affected by the nologging activity will
be logically corrupt.

This is different than the DataGuard case, where any nologging activity will
immediately corrupt the standby database.  To avoid that immediate corruption
of the standby, you must run with force logging set.

Hope that's clear,

-Mark