Re: Data Guard and E-Business Suite

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 19:54:02 +0100

We investigated this at my previous employer. The primary setup there was

EBiz 11.5.10.1
DB 10.2.0.3 (ish) - 3 node RAC
Apps Tier 3 dual processors boxes

The standby worked just fine with FORCE LOGGING. What we couldn't do
adequately back then was DR for the apps tier. It's no coincidence that a 3
node RAC had 3 apps nodes as well, since some of the comms was instance
specific - using pipes. This is addressed by having a shared APPL_TOP, but
if that isn't an option for you - as it wasn't really for us - then DG was a
bit of a pointless exercise. I think I'd probably want to be on EBiz R12
(and a minimum of 11.5.10.2 and tech stack 6) before trying to do DR using
standby sites for Ebiz. If your budget reaches to it then stretch RAC and 2
data centres might be a better bet.

We used tapes :)

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 6:54 PM, Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx

--