Re: Data Guard Rman Vlidation Question

Unix, I assume since there are the "real" slashes in the path :)

 can you just cheat and make symbolic links to the filesystems on the
secondary server for the original mount points?

Joe

---------------------------------------
You can have it: Fast, Right or Cheap, pick 2 of the 3.
Fast + Right is Expensive
Fast + Cheap will be incorrect.
Right + Cheap will take a while.

"Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sent by: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

03/31/2008 10:10 AM
Please respond to Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From
"Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"Oracle-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Data Guard Rman Vlidation Question

All,

I created our first Data Guard database (10.2, physical copy).  The mount
points on the Primary and Secondary servers are different.  So the
init.ora file of the Secondary server has the
"db_file_name_convert='/dba/vg_uism_01/u0002/DGTD/system','/dba/vg_uiss_01/DGTD1/data'"

entries mapping the directory names to the new locations.  All of this was
done through 10G Grid by the way.

Rman backups of the secondary server work fine.
Validations are a challenge.  Rman Validation is looking for the database
files in the Primary directory location - it is not using the
db_file_name_convert init.ora parameter to find the file.  So validations
are failing.

RMAN-03002: failure of restore command at 03/31/2008 09:07:44
ORA-19625: error identifying file
/dba/vg_uism_01/u0002/DGTD/system/system_01.dbf
ORA-27037: unable to obtain file status

How do I resolve this?  What have you done?

Thanks

Tom

How do I resolve this?