Re: Data Guard - Fast Start failover

  • From: kathryn axelrod <kat.axe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lambu999@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 16:45:31 -0700

You wouldn't even need FSFO if you have two hours of allowed downtime :)

FSFO works ~phenomenally~ well. Right now we have it running on 11.1.0.7
with no issues...There is around 1minute of downtime if the primary crashes.

The only thing I'd throw out there is there are a few 11.1.0.7 DG specific
patches (see note 738538.1) that are recommended...Other than that, I
truly love DG/FSFO; it is amazing.