RE: Daily partitioning

This seems like a lot of work for 6GB of data and deleting ~150Mb/day. Is
there a performance problem currently or is this pure design? We're
primarily DSS and mostly keep data for 13 months. We have very few
partitioned tables and base deletes on < trunc(sysdate) - 13 months. A lot
of the deletes are just run batch once/week, reports are usually based on
the last few days so it all runs pretty well. Some of our tables are over
100GB and using this method.

  _____

1.      How does data arrive? In a batch load or OLTP?
2.      How much data are you talking about?
3.      what do typical queries look like?
4.      What's the DB version?

1. Batch load every nigh

2. The whole table may be about 6Gb

3. DSS query using date field