RE: DROP LMT TBS internals.

  • From: "Mohan, Ross" <RMohan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 12:35:53 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Mohan, Ross [mailto:RMohan@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 12:36 PM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: DROP LMT TBS internals.

yea, I conflated a couple things creating confusion, but "yes", I had to
drop things with 150,000+ extents by doing truncate...reuse... and then
"alter...deallocate"  judiciously. We used to have millions of used and free
extents, but now since
global=>partitioning conversion, have only about 140K total. Much
nicer, but...i think the damage has been done in C_TS# and C_FILE#_BLOCK#.

total PITA.

LMTs rock, totally. So looking forward to being on 92 on
real CPUs (non SPARC, whooppee!) and new DataDict...