Re: DNS and SQL*Net Issue

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mkb <mkb125@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 09:20:04 -0800

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 9:15 AM, mkb <mkb125@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  *
> *Thanks for the information.  What's curious is that the remote site is
> not using an LDAP server at all in there enclave.  But reading the above
> link, it could be that the SRV record for the newly built server is not in
> the DNS.  Perhaps this could be causing the extra delay?  We're only
> listening on 1521 TCPS so we'd only ever see _ldaps._tcp._oid, right?

I really don't know the answer to that last question.

What I saw in our lab environment didn't match what I saw in production.

The lab worked fine without the LDAPS record, but was required in the
production environment.

I could not account for the difference.

Jared Still
Home Page: http://jaredstill.com