RE: DELETE FROM table UNRECOVERABLE?

  • From: "Thomas Jeff" <jeff.thomas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 07:48:18 -0500

Would you know if DELETE UNRECOVERABLE is a valid statement in other
databases, such as DB2 or
SQL Server?   Since the code is generic in nature in order to support
portability, I wonder if=20
perhaps this code originated from another database.    The users said
this was to be a truncate=20
and load operation and I don't believe for a minute that UNRECOVERABLE
is intended to be an=20
alias.

And, we can't remove the UNRECOVERABLE, it's code belonging to a
purchased module.