Re: DBMS_STATS.GATHER_SYSTEM_STATS samples only BADSTATS

  • From: "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 22:36:09 -0000

As far as I know, there is only one thing that
actually results in BADSTATS, and that's an
absence of any single block reads in the time
period.  (But there may be other oddities that
could be version dependent - like multiblock
read times being faster than single block read
times).

What do you get from
   select * from sys.aux_stats$

Regards

Jonathan Lewis

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Cost Based Oracle: Fundamentals

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/appearances.html
Public Appearances - schedule updated 29th Nov 2005

----- Original Message ----- From: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>