RE: DBMS_STATS

  • From: "Grabowy, Chris" <chris.grabowy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 08:27:45 -0400

Try Wolfgang's presentation...Using DBMS_STATS in Access Path
Optimization...

www.centrexcc.com/Using%20DBMS_STATS%20in%20Access%20Path%20Optimization
.ppt.pdf

...its still on my pile of presentations to read.

I have had the pleasure of attending a few of Wolfgang's presentations,
and he has a very crisp German (Austrian?) accent.

I keep meaning to mention that he should try an Arnold/Terminator themed
presentation....

"Im going to terminate you if you stats are out of date!!".

To a developer...

"This query better execute in .035 seconds or I'm gonna execute you!!!"

Something like that...anyway, if you havent then checkout his other
great papers...

http://www.centrexcc.com/