RE: DBMS_OUTPUT changing spaces to tabs

Have you checked the contents of the glogin.sql and login.sql files? (Are
you in fact invoking the PL/SQL block via sqlplus?)

Now I've mentioned both glogin and login and that might seem strange. But if
memory serves, it is possible due to permissions that oracle can read glogin
while dherri cannot. Of course each account might have its own login.sql, or
a login.sql found via $SQLPATH. Normally glogin.sql should be readable by
the universe at a findable location, and it gets done first. JL has an FAQ
posting on this I haven't read, but if my short memory tickler is
insufficient it is likely his FAQ is both precise and accurate, and it is
likely more digestible than the very fine manual.

Good luck,

mwf

  _____