RE: DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO and Business Objects Data Integrator

  • From: "Larry G. Elkins" <elkinsl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Sriram Kumar'" <k.sriramkumar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 08:04:04 -0500

Thanks Siram, exactly what I was looking for, if someone else had used the pre
and post target events for this. Our purpose is
twofold, (1) identification in general, which of course helps with contribution
to workload as well as other things, and, (2) the
ability to *selectively* use DBMS_MONITOR to trace *specific* flows. A few
years back on another gig the BODI folks were doing this
for us, but I don't think I ever knew the details of how they implemented.

Now to get the BODI developers to buy into it ;-) We've made great progress
with our .Net, pl/sql programmers, some of our java
groups, and some of the perl folks, in setting module, application, and client,
but no headway, yet, with BODI (and eventually BO
reporting), and understandable since I haven't able to tell them with
confidence which approach to use.

Once again, thanks for confirming your use of the pre/post events for this.

Larry G. Elkins

elkinsl@xxxxxxxxx

Home: 214.954.1781

Cell: 214.695.8605