Re: DBA_TEMP_FILES.MAXBYTES is wrong

  • From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <zhuchao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 01:40:30 +0100

Hi,

Sorry for late answer, but I wrote about ls -ls not ls -l in my earlier post.
ls -ls shows the *real* filesystem space usage of a file, in filesystem blocks.

Note that newer cp and tar commands can handle sparse files the way that they remain sparse after copying to different location, so if you want to force a tempfile to actually use all of the space allowed for it, you could either use dd or cp special option to disable sparsity (like --sparse=never on redhat linux)

Tanel.

----- Original Message ----- From: "zhu chao" <zhuchao@xxxxxxxxx>