RE: DBA Skill tree

  • From: "Stephens, Chris" <chris_stephens@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kerry.osborne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 11:01:07 -0500

If I remember right, the golden number of hours beyond which individuals
truly start excelling at whatever skill or trade is in question has been
found to be approximately 10,000.  Gladwell's story of the Beatles and
their early years of playing for hours and hours and hours at a strip
joint was fascinating as were the other stories in the book.

I think that number is very applicable to Kung Fu dba's.  I'm sure there
are exceptions but I'd be surprised if many experts in the field haven't
been at it for > 5 years and more often >= 10.