DBA Skill tree

  • From: Charles Schultz <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 07:49:43 -0500

After mulling this over with a few folks, I thought to hit a larger
audience. Has anyone done work to identify basic, standard and advanced DBA
skills? Oracle University has an interesting framework with their
certification program, but I find it lacking in several different ways and
looking for something a little more realistic and practical.
Tying together some other blog posts, I had a strange thought about basing
it off RPG-style skill points and how one builds a character in the virtual
world (so all you WOW fans should jump on this! *grin*):
http://orajourn.blogspot.com/2009/04/if-oracle-were-mmo-what-skills-would.html

--
Charles Schultz
Sent from Champaign, Illinois, United States