RE: DBA Interview Questions

  • From: Connor McDonald <hamcdc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 04:44:02 +0000 (GMT)

True story from this very list (couple of years ago now):

 "Dear list,
  What does rownum mean?
  Signed
  John Doe
  OCP 7, 8, 8i"

Sums OCP up really...

 --- Nuno Souto <nsouto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, November 25, 2004 8:34 am, Freeman, Donald said:
>

> > Certification - We have a common body of knowledge that Oracle thinks is =
> > important.  I don't know that it is all important but Oracle thinks so.
>
> Funny.  In my neck of the woods, what Oracle "thinks" is worth
> about zilch.  And the consensus I hear everywhere is that the OCP
> is a certificate of incompetence.
>
> But then again, I've been known to not give two hoots
> about anything a certain group in Oracle says...
>
> Cheers
> Nuno Souto
> nsouto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> --
> //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

=====
Connor McDonald
Co-author: "Mastering Oracle PL/SQL - Practical Solutions"
ISBN: 1590592174

web: http://www.oracledba.co.uk
web: http://www.oaktable.net
email: connor_mcdonald@xxxxxxxxx

Coming Soon! "Oracle Insight - Tales of the OakTable"

"GIVE a man a fish and he will eat for a day. But TEACH him how to fish,
and...he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com