Re: DB time Less Than Elapsed Time - is there a performance problem? or is the report interval incorrect?

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracledbawannabe@xxxxxxxxx, Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 23:06:55 +0800

"DB Time" is not "DB CPU Time". "DB Time" is the aggregate of all time rmonitored and reported. That is why you will find that DB Time of 8.54minutes === 434seconds * 100/84.72 for Node1.

The AWR doesn't indicate that the Database or any database sessions were busy or waiting for resources for any noticeable time. If users had a performance issue it may have been for a very short period OR in a specific program OR outside the database (e.g. on a busy AppsServer OR on the network).

Hemant K Chitale

At 06:28 AM Sunday, Oracle Dba Wannabe wrote:
Hi All,
I've been given two awr reports for a 2 node, 11.1.0.7 RAC instance running on AIX and told to determine what the performance problem is with the system. Looking through the reports I can't say that I can see anything wrong with this system - at least based on the awrs I have been given (a few extracts from the reports given below). What I have noticed is that for both nodes the db time is considerably less than the elapsed time of the report - is this enough to deduce that this system is actually not busy and not performing any sort of work?. T

Hemant K Chitale

http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com