Re: DB move

  • From: Oscar Ofiana <oj.ofiana@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: veeeraman@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 09:40:51 +0800

Hi Ram,

It can actually be done in one step. Assuming that you are still migrating
from the same versions of Oracle on each server, you can use still use
Convert Database.

You can use the Convert Database command to generate conversion scripts on
the source target database (while it's in read only),  then transfer the
datafiles to the HP server. Modify the generated scripts to convert the
datafiles into an ASM location, and then run in RMAN on the target server.

For example, your conversion scripts would look something like this:

RUN {
CONVERT DATAFILE '/u01/oradata/users01.dbf'
FROM PLATFORM 'AIX-Based Systems (64-bit)'
FORMAT '+DATA';

If you have access to Metalink, Doc 414878.1 has the full steps on how to do
this.

Hope this helps,
OJ